Welcome to Daytona Duel 2023 ROC at the Ocean Center in World Famous DAYTONA BEACH, FL!
The Venue is the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, FL! The concession stands will be open and ready to serve you!
It is across the street from the sand and surf of World Famous Daytona Beach! There are hundreds of restaurants and hotels within a short walk (2 to 3 minute walk) from our venue. Pick what you want to eat or drink and it is within reach! Spend some time walking on the beach and enjoying the breath-taking view! Don’t forget to come back across the street for a little fencing while you are in town!
Venue Parking: only $15 per day
What is close by:
- The WORLD FAMOUS DAYTONA BEACH - across the street.
- Daytona Boardwalk Amusements - .3 miles (3 minute walk)
- Daytona Beach Coquina Clock Tower - .2 miles (2 minute walk)
- Daytona International Speedway - 4.5 miles (12 minute drive)
- Fort Matanzas National Monument - 37.1 miles (less than 1 hour drive)
- Bulow Creek State Park - 15 miles (30 minute drive)
- Tomoka State Park - 10 miles (20 minute Drive)
- Blue Spring State Park - 32.2 miles (less than 1 hour drive)
- Universal Studios Orlando - 66 Miles (1 hour 15 minute drive)
- Walt Disney World - 71 Miles (1 hour 30 minute Drive)
- All events will be fenced electrically by current USA Fencing rules.
- Masks, body cords, GLOVES , LAMES and FIE Foil Chest Protectors will be subject to equipment control.
- FIE Saber cuffs are required.
- Seeding will be according to standard guidelines for ROC events.
- All ties will be broken by FencingTime for the round of eight with the exception of third place. One round of pools will be fenced; 100% promoted to the Direct Elimination Rounds. Initial seeding, seeding after pools and final placements will be posted on FencingTimeLive.
- Fencers are responsible for verifying the posted lists, and while they are not required to sign their pool and DE sheets, they are responsible to look at and confirm accuracy in a timely manner.
- It is the responsibility of the fencer to notify the Bout Committee at the time of registration if they are on the NRPS. Reseeds due to information that it was the fencer's responsibility to notify the Bout Committee of (NRPS standing, club representation, etc) will result in a $25 fine, payable in cash.
- Organizers reserve the right to limit fencing in overlapping events in order to efficiently run the tournament. USA Fencing registration and administration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Withdrawals before August 6th will consist of 50% of event fees if applicable. There are no general refunds after August 6. Any requests for refunds due to outstanding and unusual circumstances are at the discretion of the organizers, and will be handled on a case by case basis. All requests will be processed after the tournament in accordance with the USA Fencing guidelines.
- The final arbitrator of information such as Times, Fees, event changes (if any) etc, will be this website.