Welcome to the PREMIER CHALLENGE - ROC (DV1A, DV2, VET) & RJCC
VENUE & DATE CHANGE
Due to the inability of the original venue to host the event in the original dates, we have relocated the tournament to a new venue and will take place on a April 8-9, 2023
ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Eugene Levy Field House located
145 College Rd, Suffern, NY 10901
April 8-9, 2023
If you became ineligible due to date change, you will recieve full refund (less $5.00 USA Fencing admin fees). Please see the new Age Eligibility below
Event is Open to ALL Regions
ALL EVENTS ARE CAPPED
If you have any issue signing up for Cadet and Junior events, please contact the organizer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start all events on time within few minutes after close registration
- No delay before and between rounds and no flighted events
- Highly skilled Bout Committee staff and highly ranked & licensed National and International referees
The New Venue
- Very close to all major highways and NYC transit
- Only 44 miles away from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- 90,000 Sq Ft venue with 50 grounded strips
- Video replay for all gold medal bouts
COVID-19 Guidelines (Subject to Change) - Read Carefully
- If the tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns or by the order of USA Fencing, a full refund will be issued to all fencers except for admin fees.
- Fencers are advised to wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments. Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment
- All events will be capped, and entry is on a first-come first-served basis - NO EXCEPTIONS. Once the tournament has filled to the capped amount, a wait list will begin. When an athlete withdraws from the event the next person on the wait list will then have 48 hours to officially register for the event and pay event fees.
- There may be additional instructions related to COVID-19 safety measures. We will keep this webpage updated and we will send a mass email to all participants with all instructions prior to the tournament.
Important - Read Carefully
- All fencing strips will be surrounded by stanchions (Fencing Zones). Spectators to sit outside the stanchions all times.
- No food or drink allowed in Fencing Zones.
- No parents, coaches, or spectators are allowed inside the fencing zones. NO EXCEPTIONS. However, only one coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately. Fencers, please relay this information to your coach
- Fencers to stay behind the strips all the time, except for the times they are fencing.
- Fencers are not required to sign the score sheet or DE slips. They can check the results at www.fencingtimelive.com instead and report any error to the Bout Committee
- Fencers to refrain from shaking hands after bouts
- When you have finished fencing in your event, please gather up your belongings quickly and leave the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize
- Monitors will be placed to display pools or results. You can also check live tournament results and tournament progress at www.fencingtimelive.com
- RJCC Guidelines - click here
- ROC Guidelines - click here
- CADET = 2007-2010 (or on Y14 NRPS)
- JUNIOR = 2004-2010 (or on Cadet NRPS)
- ROC = Born 2009 or earlier (or on Junior NRPS)
Current point standings click here
- All times are Close of Check-in
- Start time of events are subject to change to maintain load balancing. We will notify all fencers if there will be any change in start times
- Capping of events is subject to change to maintain reasonable number of attendees throughout the whole day
Schedule IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- 8:00am D1AMF
- 8:00am JME
- 8:00am CWE
- 8:00am DV1AWS
- 8:00am DV2WF
- 10:30am DV2MS
- 12:00pm JWF
- 12:00pm CWS
- 12:00pm D1AWE
- 12:00pm VWS
- 12:00pm VMF
- 2:30pm CMF
- 4:00pm JMS
- 4:00pm VWE
- 4:00pm DV2ME
- 8:00am D1AME
- 8:00am JWE
- 8:00am DV2WS
- 8:00am DV1AMS
- 8:00am JMF
- 12:00pm DV1AWF
- 12:00pm DV2WE
- 12:00pm VMS
- 12:00pm VME
- 12:00pm JWS
- 2:30pm CDTME
- 4:00pm CMS
- 4:00pm CWF
- 4:00pm VWF
- 4:00pm DV2MF
- Venue opens 9:30 AM on Friday and 6:30AM on Saturday and Sunday. We recommend arriving at least 1 hour before close of check-in.
- Proof of current USA Fencing membership. If a fencer is not a member yet, or membership has expired, the fencer has to complete and pay for USA Fencing membership at the door.
- To become a member of USA Fencing click here
- All fencers must have a USA Fencing membership card or a clearly legible copy to use the Auto Check-In feature.
- Fencers to present proof of age: Original or copies of birth certificate, passport or driver's license, unless if the USA Fencing membership card has "Birth year is Verified " is noted on the card.
- Fencers must check in everyday they compete.
- Equipment Vendor - Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear Blue-Gauntlet.com
- Official Event Merchandiser - Lamsah for T-Shirts & Custom Printing