Proudly hosted by Cobra Fencing Club. Absolute Fencing Gear is 2021 official sponsor and will supply all-metal strips and scoring machines. Absolute Fencing Gear will be on-site for equipment purchases
355 Plaza Drive; Secaucus, NJ 07094
Free parking in all garages adjacent to the venue
NO WALK-IN ENTRIES
Registration opens August 26, 2021, at 12 noon EST (9:00PST) and closes November 16, 2021, with regular and late fee periods as noted.
SYC and RCC event registrations are taken through USA Fencing. Y8 event registrations are taken at askfred.net. Y8 events are non-sanctioned, no regional points awarded. Note, if you are fencing in a Y10 additional event the $40 registration fee for Y8 will be refunded when you check-in on day of tournament. Y8 EVENT INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION here
MORE GENERAL TOURNAMENT INFO here
All events will be capped and entry is on a first-come first-served basis – no exceptions. Caps may be adjusted depending on registrations in each event. Once the event cap has been reached fencers will be placed on a wait list. Fencer must supply a payment method to join the wait list and be eligible for graduation into the event. Wait-listed entry without payment method is considered pending and your position will drop below completed entries. Wait lists will also be cleared on a first-come first-served basis.
Each fencer may be accompanied by one (1) plus-one spectator, which does not include their coach. Clubs will be limited to a maximum of 6 coaches per Club per day. Coaches badges will be issued. There is no spectator fee.
This tournament is subject to New Jersey orders regarding COVID-19, including assembly of persons. If any circumstances arise that would preclude safe running of this event, this tournament can be cancelled at any time. Should tournament cancel, any refund of fees is subject to USA Fencing. We will be following federal, CDC, and USA Fencing guidelines and regulations regarding COVID-19 based on pandemic status at the time. If you cannot comply with Infectious Diseases guidelines do not register for this tournament.
Covid testing is not required. USA Fencing mask mandate will be in effect and general Covid protocol will be in effect. If sick, stay home. Check your temperature before traveling.
We encourage you bring your own water, as there may be no free public water stations.
• If you are sick, stay home.
• Fencers should wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments. Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment. • Fencers should come to the venue semi-dressed (knickers, shoes, socks, etc) to minimizing changing of clothes in restrooms.
• Fencers may be accompanied by ONE person (does not include coach).
• Clubs are allowed a maximum of 6 coaches per day.
• Everyone in the venue must wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth, except when eating and/or drinking. If you are unable to wear a face mask stay home. Face Shield is not a replacement to face mask.
• Food and drink will be sold by Expo Center staff, however there may be limitations. There may not be free public water stations, so we encourage you to bring your own water or will have to purchase at the venue.
• Fencers should not touch scoring machines, weights, shims.
• Fencers should refrain from shaking hands after bouts.
• When you have finished fencing in your event, gather your belongings quickly and exit the building immediately. Do not stay and socialize.
• Cobra Fencing Club and Meadowlands Exposition Center are not responsible for any lost or stolen property. Do not leave your personal belongings unattended in the venue. Please check to make sure you have all your equipment and belongings before you leave, as anything left at the end of the day will be thrown out!
• No parents, coaches, or spectators will be allowed in the designated fencing area during the pool round; however, one coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts and is allowed inside the pod. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately.
There will be no monitors to display pools or results. Check live tournament results and tournament progress at www.fencingtimelive.com. Note, there is no Wi-Fi in the venue; internet access is via your cell phone or other provider.
All event days/times are subject to change, and we strongly urge you to keep your entire week-end flexible until final close of check-in times are determined. There will be no refunds issued due to time changes on the same day. Any day/time changes will be posted no later than November 11, 2021.
No exceptions to late fees will be made for inability to register within stated deadlines. There will be NO reminder emails sent to competitors with incomplete registrations; i.e, no payment. It is your responsibility to be aware of registration deadlines. Entry and waitlisting is first-come, first-served.
Y8 REGULAR fee entry/payment until November 8, 2021: $40 registration fee plus $60 per event. Y8 entry here. Note, if you are fencing in a Y10 additional event the $40 registration fee for Y8 will be refunded when you check-in on day of tournament.
SYC REGULAR fee entry/payment until November 8, 2021: $45 registration fee plus $65 per event, plus any applicable USA Fencing fees
RCC REGULAR fee entry/payment until November 8, 2021: $40 registration fee plus $60 per event,, plus any applicable USA Fencing fees
Y8 LATE TRIPLE fee entry/payment November 9-16, 2021: $120 registration fee plus $180 per event. Y8 entry here
SYC LATE TRIPLE fee entry/payment November 9-16, 2021: $135 registration fee plus $195 per event, plus USA Fencing administration fee
RCC LATE TRIPLE fee entry/payment November 9-16, 2021: $120 registration fee plus $180 per event, plus USA Fencing administration fee
NO WALK-IN ENTRY
There are no exceptions to this refund policy.
Our referee cadre will consistent of highly ranked National and International referees. If interested in refereeing, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only referees who are USA Fencing/FIE rated, safe-sport-approved, and have background screen completed will be considered (Safe Sport and Background not needed if under age 18).
Tournament Organizer - Steve Kaplan, Cobra Fencing Club
Head Referees - Jeff Bukantz and Charles Greene II
Bout Committee - George Janto, Cheryl Delaney
Head Armorer - Alice Kee
Absolute Fencing Gear is 2021 official sponsor and will provide all-metal strips and scoring machines. Absolute Fencing Gear will be also on-site for any equipment purchaseslink
Free garaged parking in all garages adjacent to the venue on tournament days.
Newark Liberty International airport is approximately 12 miles from the venue.
Hyatt Place: link
Six national hotel chains are within a 5 minute drive: Crowne Plaza Hotel, LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Meadowlands Plaza Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Meadowlands, Candlewood Suites
Your current registrations for this tournament are listed here along with their status.
Only signed in users can register for events.Sign In
Friday, November 26
Saturday, November 27
Sunday, November 28
USA Fencing regional events follow the codes of conduct set by USA Fencing. Please carefully read the codes of conduct for spectators, coaches and members.
USA Fencing regional events follow the SafeSport and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies as approved by the U.S. Center for SafeSport.
Important dates and upcoming deadlines.
All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).