North Bay Fencing Academy is pleased to host the Treasure Chest RYC @ the Treasure Island YMCA: MLK Weekend, Jan 15 - 17, 2022.
We will be following these guidelines due to the recent spike in COVID cases and additional city, county, state, USAF guidelines:
1. There are various face mask choices available to you, however we encourage all participants to wear N-95, or KN-95, masks when possible at our event. Mask wearing, over the mouth and nose, will be required inside the venue, including athletes (even while fencing), parents, coaches, referees and all personnel. Please be sure to bring your choice of mask with you to the event.
2. We are restricted to 250 people in the venue at a time. For this reason, we will allow 1 USAF coach per athlete, and up to one support person (parent, friend, sibling, etc.) into the venue.
3. Due to San Francisco indoor mandates for gyms, before entry we will ask for Vaccination cards of everyone 12 and older at the door that validate an individual is fully vaccinated. Per SF requirements, this means:
a. You cannot use a self-attestation of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test. You must have proof that you are vaccinated.
b. You can show your Vaccination Record Card (CRC) from the CDC. Or you can show an image of the card, if you have a picture on your phone.
c. More info to answer questions: https://sf.gov/information/vaccine-required
4. As an added precaution we will do a temperature screens for everyone entering the venue.
5. Compared to previous years, there is restricted bathroom availability due to locker rooms being closed. For this reason, we ask that the athletes arrive dressed, so they do not require privacy to suit up for fencing.
6. There will be no food allowed within the venue. Please eat outside.
7. Water and Gatorade will be allowed inside; please bring your own water bottle that has been filled ahead of time. Please be careful not to spill, and replace lids after drinking. Mask removal is only allowed to drink; masks must be put back on over the mouth and nose if one is not actively drinking from their water bottle.
8. The main entrance is on the east side of the building near the parking lot. This will be the only entrance and exit for all attendees to enter and exit through.
Obviously, these additional guidelines are not convenient, yet by following them we will all be able to have a fun and efficiently run tournament. The staff would like to thank you all in advance for your understanding and cooperation with following these guidelines.
Proof of birth year required when checking in:
Passport, birth certificate, USFA certified registration*
Birth Year Eligibility 2021-2022 season:
You will not be allowed to fence, no matter what events you participated in last season, without proof of USFA competitive membership and age verification.
Y12 2009-2012 (or on Y10 NRPS list)
Y14 2007-2010 (or on Y12 NRPS list)