We will be using two venues spread out over a period of two weekends in order to accommodate the events, and maintain compliance with local health and safety regulations and occupancy restrictions.
There will be no exceptions to COVID-19 safety protocols implemented throughout the tournament. If you cannot comply do not register for this tournament. These protocols and tournament changes due to COVID-19 may be altered by the organizers to comply with local, state, federal, and USA Fencing mandates.
This is a master schedule of all of the events - Please note that the following times are START TIMES. We will be running this tournament "World Cup style" with pool and DE start times posted in advance. Pools and pool start times will be posted online the day before. Fencers should report to their strips 15 minutes prior to the start of pools. DE start times will be posted online following the conclusion of pools.
Online registration for all events of the Duel at Dallas ROC will open on October 12, 2020 at 12:00 P.M. ET. Registrations for each event in this tournament will be capped in order to maintain compliance with local health and safety regulations and occupancy restrictions. Division 1A and 2 events have a strict cap of 28 athletes. Vet events have a strict cap of 15 athletes.
The regular fee deadline for the tournament will be November 6th, 2020. Late registration will be open until November 9th, 2020 at triple fees. No registrations will be taken at the door - period.
1) All persons entering the venue will be subject to temperature screenings and will need to electronically submit a contact tracing sheet/COVID screening form prior to entry into the venue.
2) There will be a strict limit of one additional person per athlete allowed in the venue - either a parent or coach, but not both. Prior to event start, this person will need to be identified, will have to fill out the same COVID screening form as the athletes, and will subject to the same onsite screening. Any person who has not electronically submitted these 24 hours before entry will not be allowed into the venue.
3) Equipment Check Protocols. Equipment check times will be published for each event.
4) Pools Process. Pools and pool start times will be posted for each event the night before. Fencers are responsible for reporting to strip 15 minutes prior to the designated start of pools. Fencers are responsible for verifying online the reported pool scores. No pool sheets will be handled by the fencers.
5) DE's Process. Direct elimination bout times will be posted. Fencers are requested to wait outside until it is time for their DE match to begin.
The Tournament Organizers reserve the right to adjust these protocols as necessary in order to ensure smooth running of the event and in order to comply with any additional restrictions or mandates imposed by national, state, or local authorities.
COVID Screening Form for Athletes - MUST BE FILLED OUT IN ADVANCE, please note the due date of November 10th. No admittance to the venue without prior electronic submission of this document, period. No exceptions.
COVID Screening Form for Plus 1 - MUST BE FILLED OUT IN ADVANCE, please note the due date of November 10th. No admittance to the venue without prior electronic submission of this document, period. No exceptions.
The regular fee deadline for the tournament will be November 6th, 2020. Late registration will be open until November 9th, 2020 at triple fees. No registrations will be taken at the door - period. There are event caps in place for this event - first come, first served.
Because this event is split up into the two venues with different registration systems - if you are doing events at both places (on different days!), you will get charged two different registration fees and sanctioning fees. The organizers will refund the extra fees by check for whom this happens.
NO REFUND will be issued to No Show or Withdraw from events
Brenda Waddoups - Bout Committee Chair
Ovy Waddoups - Head Armorer.
David Sierra - Referee Coordinator email@example.com.
Your current registrations for this tournament are listed here along with their status.
Only signed in users can register for events.Sign In
Saturday, November 14
Sunday, November 15
Saturday, November 21
Sunday, November 22
USA Fencing regional events follow the codes of conduct set by USA Fencing. Please carefully read the codes of conduct for spectators, coaches and members.
USA Fencing regional events follow the SafeSport and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies as approved by the U.S. Center for SafeSport.
Important dates and upcoming deadlines.
All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).