Please do not e-mail after 8 pm on Thursday, May 27. E-mails will not be answered the duration of the tournament
NOTE DAY/TIME CHANGES (revised May 10)
Y14 MF moved from Saturday to Sunday 8:00
Y14 MS moved from Saturday to Sunday 3:30
Y12 MF moved from Sunday to Saturday 9:00
Y12 MS moved from Sunday to Saturday 3:30
Only fencers unable to attend due to these day changes will be issued a full refund, and refund must be requested no later than May 16. Send refund requests to email@example.com. All other refunds are per stated Refund Policy.
Proudly hosted by Cobra Fencing Club
355 Plaza Drive; Secaucus, NJ 07094
There will be no monitors to display pools or results. Check live tournament results and tournament progress at www.fencingtimelive.com. Note, there is no Wi-Fi in the venue; internet access is via your cell phone or other provider.
There will be no public water stations. You must bring your own water or purchase at the venue.
*Each fencer may be accompanied by one (1) plus-one spectator, which does not include their coach. Clubs will be limited to a maximum of 6 coaches per Club per day. Coaches badges will be issued. There is no spectator fee. Everyone entering the venue must sign a waiver Download waiver here
Covid testing is not required. USA Fencing mask mandate will be in effect and general covid protocol will be in effect. If sick, stay home. Check your temperature before traveling. Additional info is available here
COVID-19 Protocol (subject to change)
• COVID-19 Protocols will be implemented throughout the whole tournament. There will be no exceptions. IF YOU CAN'T COMPLY DO NOT REGISTER
• If you are sick, stay home. If you present with a temperature or any other COVID-19 symptoms you must leave the venue immediately and there will be no refund.
• Fencers are advised to wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments. Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment
• Chairs will be placed on the floor in designated locations to allow for social distancing. Any violators will be escorted out of the building. No personal chairs or alternative seating options are allowed on the floor. -No congregating or gathering in any doorways, hallways, or walkways.
• Fencers must come to the venue semi-dressed (knickers, shoes, socks, etc). No change of clothes in restrooms is permitted.
• Fencers may be accompanied by ONE person (does not include coach).
• Clubs are allowed a maximum of 6 coaches per day.
• Everyone in the venue must wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth except when eating and/or drinking. There are no exceptions. If you are unable to wear a face mask stay home. Face Shield is not a replacement to face mask.
• Food and drink will be sold by Expo Center staff, however there may be limitations. There will be no public water stations, so you must bring your own or purchase at the venue.
• No parents, coaches, or spectators will be allowed in the designated fencing area during the pool round; however, one coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts and is allowed inside the pod. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately.
• Fencers are not allowed to touch the scoring machine, weights, shims, remote and scoresheet. Fencers must verify accuracy of the score sheet. Results will be posted at www.fencingtimelive.com and any errors should be reported to the Bout Committee immediately.
• Fencers are to refrain from shaking hands after bouts.
• Fencers are to refrain from shouting or screaming after a touch.
• When you have finished fencing in your event, gather your belongings quickly and exit the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize.
• No medal ceremony. Top 8 should stop at the Medal area in the lobby before leaving to receive your medal.
• Cobra Fencing Club and Meadowlands Exposition Center are not responsible for any lost or stolen property. Do not leave your personal belongings unattended in the venue. Please check to make sure you have all your equipment and belongings before you leave, as anything left at the end of the day will be thrown out! NO EXCEPTIONS.
Event registrations will be capped due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions. Event caps are subject to raising or lowering.
*All event days/times are subject to change, and we strongly urge you to keep your entire week-end flexible until final close of check-in times are determined. There will be no refunds issued due to time changes on the same day. Any day/time changes will be posted no later than May 17, 2021.
No exceptions to late fees will be made for inability to register within stated deadlines. There will be NO reminder emails sent to competitors with incomplete registrations; i.e, no payment. It is your responsibility to be aware of registration deadlines. Entry and waitlisting is first-come, first-served.
SYC REGULAR entry/payment until May 16, 2021: $45 registration fee plus $55 per event, plus USA Fencing administration fee
RCC REGULAR entry/payment until May 16, 2021: $40 registration fee plus $50 per event, plus USA Fencing administration fee
SYC TRIPLE entry/payment May 17-19, 2021: $135 registration fee plus $165 per event, plus USA Fencing administration fee
RCC TRIPLE entry/payment May 17-19, 2021: $120 registration fee plus $150 per event, plus USA Fencing administration fee
NO WALK-IN ENTRY
Must send notification of withdrawal and request for refund to firstname.lastname@example.org. FENCERS WHO WITHDRAW THEMSELVES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND. Registration fees and USA Fencing administrative fees are nonrefundable. Requests for event fees refunds will only be honored if received prior to midnight on May 16, 2021. There will be no exceptions to this policy. USA Fencing will issue refund to credit card used for the registration. In the event of downsizing of caps, refunds will be issued.
There are no refunds in the event of time changes on the same day. All times are subject to change according to event entries, therefore we strongly encourage you to keep your entire day flexible until final close-of check-in times are posted. Any time changes will be posted no later than May 17, 2021.
On tournament day, fencers arriving after close of check-in will not be allowed to compete. They will be withdrawn from the competition, and no there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason. No refunds issued to no-shows for any reason.
If interested in refereeing, email email@example.com
As in the past, our referee cadre will consistent of highly ranked National and International referees.
Head Referees - 1) Jeff Bukantz, 2) Ralph Bellantoni, 3) TBA
Bout Committee - George Janto, Cheryl Delaney
Head Armorer - Alice Kee
Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear will be on-site for equipment purchaseslink
Free garaged parking in all garages adjacent to the venue on tournament days.
Embassy Suites (adjacent to venue)link
Other nearby hotels:
Six national hotel chains are within a 5 minute drive: Crowne Plaza Hotel, LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Meadowlands Plaza Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Meadowlands, Candlewood Suites
Your current registrations for this tournament are listed here along with their status.
Only signed in users can register for events.Sign In
Saturday, May 29
Sunday, May 30
Monday, May 31
USA Fencing regional events follow the codes of conduct set by USA Fencing. Please carefully read the codes of conduct for spectators, coaches and members.
USA Fencing regional events follow the SafeSport and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies as approved by the U.S. Center for SafeSport.
Important dates and upcoming deadlines.
All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).