Welcome to the AMERICAN CHALLENGE, the signature Fencing tournament in Region 3, and in the US.
NO BIG OR ROLLING FENCING BAGS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE VENUE, Only Strip-side small shoulder bags are allowed
Fencers to come to the venue semi-dressed up with knickers, socks and shoes on. No change of clothes in locker or restrooms is permitted.
CHANGE OF VENUE
Due to recent constructions in the original venue, we have relocated the event to a better venue, the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, Hall D&E located at 100 Station Ave, Oaks, PA 19456. The new venue has the following features:
- 32 miles away from PHL Airport (same exact distance from old location)
- 36 miles away from the old location
- 3000 free parking spots
- 36,000 sq. ft. of open space
- 29 grounded strips with special setup for the final strip
- 2 nearby Hilton facilities that we already secured blocks.
If you have made any hotel reservation at the previous host hotel and you don't want to keep the room anymore, please remember to cancel it ASAP either online or by calling the hotel directly to avoid any charges
Event is Open to ALL Regions
This Event is a Qualifier for Summer Nationals
- Fencers competing in RJC events from Region 3 will be able earn points and, should they qualify with those points, be able to sign up for Summer Nationals at regular fees
- Fencers competing in ROC & VET events from ALL regions will be able earn points and, should they qualify with those points, be able to sign up for Summer Nationals at regular fees
- Start all events on time within few minutes after close registration
- No delay before and between rounds and no flighted events
- Highly skilled Bout Committee staff and highly ranked & licensed National and International referees
COVID-19 Guidelines (Subject to Change) - Read Carefully
- This tournament is subject to state laws and orders regarding COVID-19, including assembly of persons
- COVID-19 Protocols will be implemented throughout the whole tournament. There will be no exceptions. IF YOU CAN'T COMPLY DO NOT REGISTER
- If the tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns or by the order of USA Fencing, a full refund will be issued to all fencers except for admin fees.
- A temperature check will be taken before you enter the fencing room.
- Fencers are advised to wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments. Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment
- Chairs will be placed on the floor in designated locations to allow for social distancing. Any violators will be escorted out of the building. No personal chairs or alternative seating options are allowed on the floor.
-No congregating or gathering in any doorways, hallways, or walkways.
- Fencers to come to the venue semi-dressed up with knickers, socks and shoes on. No change of clothes in locker or restrooms is permitted.
- All events will be capped, and entry is on a first-come first-served basis - NO EXCEPTIONS. Once the tournament has filled to the capped amount, a wait list will begin. When an athlete withdraws from the event the next person on the wait list will then have 48 hours to officially register for the event and pay event fees.
- Fencers 17 and under may be accompanied by ONE person, whether it's a parent, coach, etc. Multiple fencers from the same family competing at the same time does not mean an additional spectator.
- Fencers 18 and over may not bring an additional person. However, if several adult fencers from the same club would like a coach, they will be permitted one coach per club. The club must send a request with the coaches name to firstname.lastname@example.org Monday, March 22nd, 2021.
- Everyone in the venue must wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth except when eating and/or drinking. There are no exceptions. If you are unable to wear a face mask stay home.
- Face Shield is not a replacement to face mask.
- No food or drink allowed in the fencing designated area and none will be sold in the venue. You must bring your own food/drink
- No parents, coaches, or spectators are allowed in the designated fencing area. NO EXCEPTIONS. However, only one coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately. Fencers, please relay this information to your coach
- Only fencers are allowed on the fencing floor, and must stay behind the strips all the times, except for the times they are fencing.
- Fencers are not allowed to touch the scoring machine, weights, shims, remote and scoresheet. Fencers are not required to sign the score sheet or DE slips. They can check the results at www.fencingtimelive.com instead and report any error to the Bout Committee
- Fencers to refrain from shaking hands after bouts
- Fencers to refrain from shouting or screaming after scoring a touch.
- When you have finished fencing in your event, please gather up your belongings quickly and leave the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize
- No medal ceremony. Top 8 to receive their medals from Bout Committee on their way out.
- Anything left at the end of the day (Lost & Found) will be thrown out. No Exceptions
- No monitors to display pools or results. Check live tournament results and tournament progress at www.fencingtimelive.com
- There may be additional instructions related to COVID-19 safety measures. We will keep this webpage updated and we will send a mass email to all participants with all instructions prior to the tournament.
RJCC Guidelines - click here
- JUNIOR = 2001-2007 (or on Cadet NRPS)
- ROC = Born 2007 or earlier (or on Junior NRPS)
Current point standings click here
- All times are Close of Check-in
- Start time of events are subject to change to maintain load balancing. We will notify all fencers if there will be any change in start times
- Capping of events is subject to change to maintain reasonable number of attendees throughout the whole day
Schedule IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Friday June 11
- 01:00 PM JR Men's Sabre
- 01:00 PM Vet Men’s Epee
- 01:00 PM Div II Women’s Foil
- 05:00 PM Vet Women’s Epee
- 05:00 PM JR Women's Foil
- 05:00 PM JR Women's Epee
- 05:00 PM Vet Men’s Sabre
- 05:00 PM Vet Women’s Sabre
- 05:00 PM Vet Men’s Foil
- 05:00 PM Vet Women’s Foil
Saturday June 12
- 08:00 AM Div 1A Men’s Foil
- 08:00 AM JR Men's Epee
- 12:00 PM Div II Women’s Sabre
- 12:00 PM Div II Women’s Epee
- 12:00 PM Div 1A Women’s Foil
- 04:00 PM Div II Men’s Epee
- 04:00 PM JR Women's Sabre
- 04:00 PM Div 1A Men’s Sabre
Sunday June 13
- 08:00 AM JR Men's Foil
- 08:00 AM Div II Men’s Sabre
- 12:00 PM Div 1A Women’s Sabre
- 12:00 PM Div 1A Men’s Epee
- 04:00 PM Div II Men’s Foil
- 04:00 PM Div 1A Women’s Epee
- Venue opens 11:30 AM on Friday and 6:30AM on Saturday and Sunday. We recommend arriving at least 1 hour before close of check-in.
- Proof of current USA Fencing membership, current FIE license, or foreign federation membership must be presented. If a fencer is not a member yet, or membership has expired, the fencer has to complete and pay for USA Fencing membership at the door.
- To become a member of USA Fencing click here
- All fencers must have a USA Fencing membership card or a clearly legible copy to use the Auto Check-In feature.
- Fencers to present proof of age: Original or copies of birth certificate, passport or driver's license, unless if the USA Fencing membership card has "Birth year is Verified " is noted on the card.
- Fencers must check in everyday they compete.
- Equipment Vendor - Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear Blue-Gauntlet.com
- Official Event Merchandiser - Lamsah for T-Shirts & Custom Printing