The Integrity RYC (Region 3) and non-regional (Y8 & Veteran)
INTEGRITY FENCING STUDIO is located in Chatham, NJ. Our goal is to achieve success while maintaining our integrity. The spirit of our studio is driven not only by the medals our fencers win in competitions, but through continuing the traditional values of fencing: courtesy, dignity, honor and courage. It is through these values that our members will deepen their inner character and achieve winning results.
Please send any question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check our website www.njfencingalliance.com
RYC Guidelines - click here
- Y10 = 2008-2011
- Y12 = 2006-2009 (or on Y10 NRPS)
- Y14 = 2004-2007 (or on Y12 NRPS)
Current point standings click here
VENUE: NEW JERSEY FENCING ALLIANCE
Located at 50 Burnett Avenue, Maplewood, NJ (use 54 Burnett Avenue for MapQuest).
NJFA is conveniently located near all major highways in NJ, NY, CT, and Pennsylvania. Just off Springfield Avenue (via Vermont St). Only a 30-minute train ride from NYC Penn Station (via NJ Transit Mid-Town Direct) http://www.nitransit.com).
NEW JERSEY FENCING ALLIANCE is the largest fully equipped state-of-the-art fencing salle complete fencing venue in the country offering 19 grounded official USFA fencing strips, each strip is equipped with overhead center scoring boxes as well as repeater lights at each end of each strip. Men's and women's locker rooms are provided. The venue offers FREE Wireless Internet service, live results streaming of tournament information on overhead monitors, an on-site fully equipped Fencing Pro Shop and PLENTY of FREE PARKING.
- Venue opens 6:30AM each day. We recommend to arrive at least 1 hour before close of check-in.
- Proof of current USFencing membership, current FIE license, or foreign federation membership must be presented. If fencer is not a member yet, or membership expired, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door.
- Foreign fencers must obtain a "Foreign Fencer" USFencing membership (free of charge). This can be done before arriving to the event to expedite check-in. To be a member in USFencing click here
- All fencers have to have USFencing membership card or clearly legible copy to use Auto Check-In feature.
- Fencers to present proof of age: Original or copies of birth certificate or passport, unless if USFencing membership card has "Birth year is Verified " is noted on the card.
- Fencers must check in everyday they compete.
REGIONAL YOUTH CIRCUIT
- A Regional Ranking Point System (RRPS) is in place to recognize participation and accomplishment of developing athletes at the regional level. A percentage of point holders from each region will earn qualification to the Summer National Championships for Y12 and Y14. Currently, 100% of Y10 fencers on the Regional Points Standings and National Points Standings gain qualification to the Summer National Championships. There are NO National Points earned at RYC events. All athletes whose USA Fencing's membership division is in the region in which the RYC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RYC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS. Rankings will be managed by the National Office and available for viewing on the USA Fencing Website under Rankings, Current Rankings, and then Regional. These rankings are regional only and ARE NOT RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE NATIONAL ROLLING POINT STANDINGS. All athletes residing in the region in which the tournament is held earn regional points based on placement. Larger fields will award more points for placement. Best 3 results from RYCs within the athlete's region count toward Regional point totals on a seasonal point basis. At the end of the season, ranking winners of each age group and gender in each of the 6 Tournaments regions will be recognized by the Youth Development Committee, Tournament Committee and US Fencing. Any athlete who is age eligible may compete in an RYC. However, ONLY athletes fencing in their home region will earn Regional Ranking Points for their result.
- There is NO trickle down for POINTS at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Youth tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Y12 regional points do NOT trickle down to Y10).
- There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. For more information on youth qualification paths refer to the Athlete's Handbook: http://www.usfencing.org/athletehandbook